Over deze baan
- Markt: Industrie
- Branche: High Tech
- Expertisegebied: Engineering & Design
- Standplaats: Noord Brabant
- Uren per week: 40
- Opleidingsniveau: WO Bachelor
- Sluitingsdatum: maandag 2 november 2020
Would you like to play a significant and impactful contribution as a systems engineer in the development of high quality products used for digital pathology (cancer diagnostic procedures)? Would you like to be part of a major player in the healthcare industry? Join Brunel!
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, our client wants to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital & Computational Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care. Computational pathology uses the power of deep learning and AI powered image analytics to enhance diagnostic precision and transform the next generation of pathologists. We develop our solutions together with the best partners in the industry. In this role, you will strengthen the Scanner Systems team with brain- and man-power to ensure the timely release of high quality products and systems to ensure the continued growth in an agile environment. You will work on the development and implementation of scanner solutions on top of Philips Digital & Computational Pathology (DCP) portfolio, which will help pathologist to improve the quality and speed of their work.
Within this role you will be able to:
- Work inside the scanner team with external partners, customers, and engineering and research teams in a multi-disciplinary and x-functional setting developing pathology scanners for our client
- Responsible for the exploration of the design, the realization, the integration, the testing and the debugging of a system, subsystem and component, and understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture
- Develop the work with focus on customer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeps this outside-in approach in mind for created designs
- Develop based on the functional, non-functional - and design-specifications and test, analyze and verify the performance
- Debug and analyze systematically in case of technically challenges, define next steps, draw conclusions and present to architects, (senior) system engineers and developers
- Communicate clearly on progress in a structured and methodical way
- Communicate consequences of the design to the architecture team
- Deliver input in the planning process to the project leader
- Perform work in line with the product development processes in accordance with the (medical) quality management system
- Keep up-to-date with new technology developments
- Drive activities and seek opportunities for continuous improvement
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- A Masters (or PhD degree), preferably in either Physics, Electrical engineering, Applied Mathematics
- At least 3 years of experience as a system engineer, preferably within the medical industry, with: building and calibrating optical setups, experience with optical measuring systems, experience with control theory, conceptual work regarding calibration algorithms and transferring the concept to development, industrialization and service, incl. troubleshooting of the concept as well as the productized software, Matlab / Python, and affinity / experience with C and C++, image analysis, Systems and system integration, product creation, experimental setup designs, statistical modeling & analysis, self-starting capabilities and a pragmatic mindset
- Generalist with hands-on experience is critical
- Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English and (is willing to learn) the Dutch language
- Affinity and experience with working in cross functional teams
- Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (FDA 820.x, ISO13485, etcetera) is preferred
- Focus on Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Improvement attitude, lean thinking, continuous improvement
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment. Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Sluit je aan bij de Brunel CommunityOur client is a multinational world leader in developing state of the art healthcare solutions. They believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, the team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around
Wij nemen jouw sollicitatie in behandeling en gaan jouw profiel bekijken. Binnen twee weken laten wij je weten of we je uitnodigen voor een interview.
Goed nieuws! Wij zien mogelijkheden voor jou en nodigen je uit voor een (telefonisch) interview.
Dat gaat de goede kant op, want naar aanleiding van het (telefonische) interview zijn we allebei nog steeds enthousiast.
Dit kan twee dingen betekenen: we gaan je voorstellen aan een van onze opdrachtgevers óf we doen je meteen een aanbieding!
Start jouw sollicitatieprocedure nu
Solliciteren naar deze functie is snel en gemakkelijk. Het enige wat je hoeft te doen is je cv of LinkedIn-profiel uploaden!
- Recent cv
- Diploma's/certificaten (optioneel)
- Referenties (optioneel)
- Motivatiebrief (optioneel)
Heb je vragen over deze vacature? Stel ze aan je toekomstige Consultant, Jaron Aarts. Gebruik hierbij het volgende vacaturenummer:
Brunel Netherlands Eindhoven