About this job
- Branche: Electronics
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Overijssel
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, June 10, 2021
About this role
As Sr. Mechanical System Engineer you are part of a multidisciplinary team in an international environment where you design and develop the mechanical aspects of high-tech products.
Our client works on a wide range of products, medical devices are alternated with products from the industrial sector and aviation. The consequence of this is that your work as a Sr. Mechanical System Engineer are very diverse. In one project you are responsible for the development of complex equipment, in the other project you are responsible for the application of different production technologies.Your experience with and knowledge of plastic injection molding and sheet metal contribute to various mechanical designs, for which you have final responsibility. Within other projects you will calculate the static, or dynamic, construction and by means of risk analyzes and mitigations you ensure the limitation of these risks. With your knowledge you can manage a team and you know how to determine the right priorities to ultimately develop various mechanical designs.
As a Mechanical System Engineer you determine the mechanical design. You work in a project team and have an important leading role in the detailed design, realization and verification of one or more subsystems for high-tech products. The goal is that these system parts comply with the relevant subsystem specifications. You provide advice in your specific area of focus within the project.
- Thinks in a project team context about and you have an important and guiding role in the design of the total (sub) system;
- Makes estimates based on the subsystem specifications for prices, project plans and budgets (limited size);
-Translates the requirements and wishes into working concepts and elaborates them in CAD
- Verifies whether the (sub) system meets the specification and whether it fits into the total system. Make any changes in coordination with the Senior Design Engineer / Systems Engineer / Systems Architect;
- Regularly consults with the Program Manager, Senior Design Engineer / Systems Engineer / Systems Architect, project team and other departments regarding progress, technical solutions and interface agreements;
- Discusses with the other project team members wishes regarding critical aspects (with impact on costs, planning or quality) in the execution of a (partial) task;
- A completed university education with a technical background (Preferably Mechanical Engineering);
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience in a relevant position.
Extensive knowledge of and experience with:
- Various production technologies, including thixomolding, plastic injection molding and sheet metal;
- Product design / design of system / design system;
- Risk analysis (DFMEA and other similar methodologies)
- Common and new techniques, technologies and their application in (sub) products;
- CAD skills (Solidworks, PTC CREO or Siemens NX).
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment. Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Join the Brunel Community
Our client is part of a listed company in the field of manufacturing electronics and providing services to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). You work for companies that make an impact with their innovations. We develop new products for these organizations; products that increase safety, health or, on the contrary, convenience. We supply these products from product design to volume production and directly to the end user. This entire process, from design to production, is carried out entirely in Twente.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.