About this job
- Market: Services
- Branche: IT & Telecom
- Area of expertise: Network, Systems, Telephony & Hardware
- Location: Amsterdam
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, January 30, 2022
About this role
About this role
"This organization is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst in Amsterdam to work on the Cyber Security Rapid Response Team - Security Monitoring, Forensic and Threat Intelligence function. This position
requires a motivated fast learner, who can work within the Rapid Response function to identify,
analyze, and remediate potential threats to the environment. The candidate will require security
industry knowledge that evolves with current and emerging threats, as well as an ongoing
understanding of key business and technological processes. This position will report to the Threat
and Response Lead of Information Security.
thwart internal and external threats to the environment. Additionally, will collaborate on an ongoing
basis with the Cyber Security Rapid Response Incident Response Team and Managed Security Service
providers to support detection, triage, incident analysis, containment, remediation and reporting of
events/incidents while coordinating, balancing business priorities, emerging and actual threats and
best practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets. "
Our mission is to secure and protect our organization, our brand, and our clients. The Enterprise & Technology Security organization is responsible for managing the cybersecurity landscape and protecting both this organization and our clients in a volatile security environment. Our scope includes the internal systems and the products and offerings we deliver to customers.
• Assist in establishing Global Security Monitoring discipline to support enterprise;
• Analyze and respond to security threats from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS),
Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and other
security threat data sources;
• Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA);
• Document actions in cases to effectively communicate information to internal stakeholders as well
has for historical retrieval;
• Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices;
• Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures;
• Conduct Security Monitoring activities to provide Security in Depth visibility into potential known
and unknown threats that may pose risk to the environment;
• Participate in security incidents and act as the technical Subject Matter Expert during significant
• Utilize analytics to identify potential threats to the environment;
• Detect, respond, mitigate, and report on cyber threats/incidents that may impact the
• Collaborate with technical leads: Engineering, Operations, Service Desk, Applications and BISOs on
matters related to security monitoring across global footprint;
• Collaborate and serve as liaison to Managed and/or Unmanaged Security Service providers;
• Conduct Operations surrounding cyber security incident response technologies including network
logging and forensics, security information and event management tools, security analytics
platforms, log search technologies, and host based forensics as applicable;
• Act as an internal information security consultant to the business and technology units, advising on
risks, threats and control practices related to Rapid Response;
• Assist in development and knowledge sharing within the team;
• Assist in security console tuning;
• Assist in security event oversight to ensure the team is delivering a quality product;
• Identify and share threat intelligence that impacts the organization and their customers or products;
• Perform threat hunts that target adversary TTPs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise;
• Minimum 3+ years of experience working within a SOC, Threat Hunt, or Threat Intel team;
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
• Passion for information security and data security;
• Strong written/verbal communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise;
• Practical experience with TCP/IP networking;
• Experience with Linux, Windows, iOS, and Network Operating Systems;
• Experience with EDR and SIEM technologies;
• Working knowledge of Routing and Access Control Devices;
• Industry related certifications: Security+, C|EH, GSEC, etc.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.