About this job
- Branche: Industrial Services
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Overijssel
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, April 26, 2021
About this role
As an NPI Manufacturing Engineer you are part of our industrialization team. Within this team you are responsible for the design of the manufacturing process, for new products and for changes to existing products. As an engineer you pull out all the stops to make complex assemblies simple. You foresee risks that may occur during volume production and you try to mitigate these risks. You contribute to optimal industrialization that meets the requirements of external and internal customers.
You work in close consultation with the client and your project team. You will act as a technical intermediary between production and customer in industrialization projects. In addition, you are responsible for supervising the production process and you have the objective of organizing it as Lean as possible. To achieve this you take care of the validation of the production processes, including training the directly involved employees to achieve the best results together with your team.
- You receive data packages of the product design, with drawings and parts lists and you check these for usability.
- You ensure that you understand the requirements and wishes for industrialization.
- You make an estimate of the work required for the quotation.
Where possible, you participate in DFMEAs where you identify any risks in the creation process.
- You initiate DfX analyzes (Design for Assembly, Design for Manufacturing, Design for Test) that are fed back to the product design.
- You make proposals for the 'make or buy' decision of products.
You create a concept creation process "value stream map" and map out the possible failure modes (PFMEA).
- Where necessary, you optimize the design of the manufacturing process by adding tools and poka-yoke solutions.
- A completed technical education at least at higher vocational level.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of APQP or comparable standards.
- Knowledge of Value Stream Mapping, Lean, PFMEA, DFX.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- The mentality of a team play
- An entrepreneurial and proactive mindset.
This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment. Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Join the Brunel Community
Our client is part of a listed company in the field of manufacturing electronics and providing services to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). You work for companies that make an impact with their innovations. We develop new products for these organizations; products that increase safety, health or, on the contrary, convenience. We supply these products from product design to volume production and directly to the end user. This entire process, from design to production, is carried out entirely in Twente.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.