About this job
- Market: Services
- Branche: IT & Telecom
- Area of expertise: Network, Systems, Telephony & Hardware
- Location: Utrecht
What is required?
- Hours per week: 36
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, January 30, 2022
About this role
About this role
As a Network Security Engineer you must be able to work in small and large teams, but also work independently and actively search for answers and solutions in a complex technical enterprise environment. We expect you to actively work on the continuous improvement of our IT services by utilizing current and future solutions in our datacenters and in the cloud.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Design, configure, implement and maintain additional network security safeguards;
• Design, configure, provision and maintain IDS/IPS security policies;
• Design, configure, provision and maintain Threat Prevention security policies;
• Security monitoring – network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis to determine if there have been any attacks. Analyse network traffic to identify anomalies and test the information security controls for weaknesses;
• Threat response – Take action to contain malicious activity that has been detected, to minimize damage. Facilitate forensic analytics to determine the threat source;
• Research emerging threats – conduct research in IT Security to gain awareness of the latest information security technological developments;
• Communicate Security issues to management and Cyber Defense Center;
• Identify areas for improvement in detection & protection measures and initiate solutions;
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line support (during business hours and during standby);
• Implement customer Firewall and DNS requests;
• Participation in projects;
• Create and solve network security change and problem tickets;
• Lifecycle Management : Manage updates/upgrades/patches;
• Maintain relationship with stakeholders and vendors;
• Create and maintain operational support procedures;
• Create and maintain related documentation;
• Run usage reports;
• Security & Compliance;
• Maintain CMDB.
Knowledge and required experience:
• Personal drive to learn and work with new technologies and products as required with a strong focus on cloud transformation and zero trust architecture;
• The ability to analyse and troubleshoot in a logical manner in order to rectify customer issues efficiently;
• Solid Networking skills at layer 3 and above;
• Experience with networking and security in enterprise network infrastructure environments;
• Experienced trouble-shooter on network issues and familiarity with the necessary tools Tcp dump and Wireshark;
• Knowledge & Experience with a broad portfolio of security services like Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Threat Prevention, VPN’s, Web Gateways like Palo Alto, Checkpoint, ZScaler, F5, Akamai, Clearpass, Infoblox;
• Knowledge & Experience with Networking (Routing/Switching, DNS/DHCP);
• Knowledge & Experience with IPv4, IPv6, HTTP, SSL, FTP, DNS;
• Knowledge & Experience on Web browsers and PAC-files;
• Knowledge of Authentication systems and Identity Providers such as LDAP, MS AD, ADFS;
• Experience with (API) scripting is a plus;
• Experience in any programming languages is a plus;
• Strong analytical and communication skills;
• Knowledge and experience with Agile, Lean and ITIL.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.