About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branche: Medical devices
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Best
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, September 23, 2021
About this role
About this role
As a Manufacturing Engineer you are responsible for giving support, improve and maintain the production process within the Engineering Department in a factory where devices are produced for the Medical Industry. You are responsible for writing and maintaining work instructions for manufacturing processes.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing work instructions, monitor/maintain devices and tooling, instruct employees, implement and maintain production processes;
- Defect On Arrival (DEFOA) /Missing On Arrival (MOA) Root cause analysis, creating and implementing structural solutions;
- Providing structural solutions by initiating amendments like problem reports (PR) and/or 8D forms (Problem Solving methodology);
- Minimum disturbances (max.Yield) within production in cooperation with teamleads, troubleshooters and development;
- Preparation and introduction of product changes through Life Cycle Management and New Product Introductions within the manufacturing process;
- Participates as an expert in audits;
- Give support to New Product Introductions;
- Support & execute Process Validation;
- Providing input for development, to create a better way of working;
- After release for volume production the Manufacturing Engineer is accountable for improvements;
- Analysis of performance data with respect to products and processes (Six-sigma, Statistical Process Control);
- Give input and maintain the New Product Introductions project planning;
- Perform preparation activities on trial/prototype production within New Product Introduction-processes;
- Defines and leads improvement projects for the assigned unit, to improve efficiency, product quality and test section (Green Belt);
- Investigation and escalation of Production issues/complaints, if needed together with development.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Typical bachelor in mechatronics, industrial engineering or comparable, with IT knowledge;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Technical knowledge to identify mechanical and electrical tooling issues and solve them in collaboration with R&D and maintenance department/manufacturer;
- Experience with project management, quality management and quality systems. Preferably experience in the medical industry (ISO 9001, 13485, FDA requirements, audit planning and execution, FMEA, 8D, etc.);
- Experience within Manufacturing or Engineering with high tech medical devices;
- Preferably Green Belt or Lean certified;
- Comprehension skills and ability to analyze and summarize;
- A result driven and quality driven approach;
- Personal & communication skills (Dutch & English).
Please note: command of the Dutch language is required
Our clients offer is challenging tasks on technical interesting products. The opportunity to grow beyond initially assigned tasks/responsibilities for those with the right drive and skills. A pleasant working environment with flexible working hours.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.