About this job
- Branche: Automotive
- Area of expertise: Embedded Software
- Location: Noord Brabant
What is required?
- Hours per week: 375
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, May 10, 2021
About this role
The automotive industry is rapidly moving towards e-mobility and along with it embedded software is playing an ever more crucial role. Do you want to be part of making cars safer and secure? Join Brunel as Cyber Security Engineer Automotive
The Architecture department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the:
- Translation of requirements on a functional level into a physical Electric/Electronic (E/E) Architecture consisting of Control Systems;
- A combination of hardware and software components,
the further split of PACCAR developed Control Systems into an architecture consisting of hardware, Basic Software and Application Software, and
maintenance of expertise in key areas, like CyberSecurity, diagnostics and functional safety
To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are seeking a well-qualified Cyber Security Engineer, to work within our creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
As CyberSecurity Engineer you will be responsible for the definition, implementation and validation of the cybersecurity concept on a number of Embedded Control Systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Definition of the CyberSecurity concept considering the control system capabilities, safety and diagnostics concept
- Definition of CyberSecurity requirements for new/updated ECU’s
- Discuss implementation proposals with suppliers
- Definition of the crypto service functionality within the IT infra structure
- Functional validation of the Cybersecurity concept
You will review and approve:
- Stakeholder requirement documents
- Proposals from suppliers
You will support:
- Root cause analyses of complex issues
- Definition of hardware requirements for new/updated ECU’s
- Simultaneous Engineering teams to support a successful integration in production
In this position you will report to the Property Owner Vehicle Cybersecurity within the Architecture department and meet Control system owners, other the other vehicle CyberSecurity Engineers within Paccar.
Technical education on master level with a specialisation in CyberSecurity, mechanical-, electrical- or automotive engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge of embedded software and hardware
- Knowledge of automotive CyberSecurity and standards (ISO 21434 and SPICE)
- Experience with IBM Rhapsody, UML and DOORSNG is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and convincing
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and to the point
- Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form.
- Willing to learn Dutch language.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both Junior and Senior Engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes. Since you are living in another country and probably don’t immediately know how to find your way in the Netherlands, Brunel can help you with this. As an international company, we know better than anyone what it is like to move to a foreign country to work. This is why we can arrange the most important things - including those that don’t involve your job - for you and your partner so that you can fully focus on your career in the Netherlands.
Join the Brunel Community
Our client is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.