About this job
- Branche: Industrial Services
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Overijssel
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, May 13, 2021
About this role
As Category Manager you are part of the Procurement team as well as the Global Category team. You are responsible for managing the Procurement Category portfolio within the Segment ‘Engineering and Customer Support Services’. This portfolio focuses predominantly on HW Engineering, System & SW Engineering and Maintenance Services.
You lead cross functional teams between Procurement, Engineering and Supply Chain to develop and implement local strategies and manage the supplier base. Managing internal and external stakeholders is key in building close relations with your suppliers in order to make supplier knowledge and competitiveness available to the benefit of our clients products and services.
One of your main tasks is to lead the transformation from hiring Temporary Engineering Labor to sourcing of Engineering Services through engineering strategic suppliers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Drive the Engineering Transformation
- Shape, communicate and steer implementation of the Category strategy
- Drive selection, negotiation and contracting of suppliers
- Manage and control supplier performances
- Increase the maturity of how we are buying engineering services and achieve cost reductions and improvements in cooperation with suppliers and stakeholders
Our client is in search for a colleague who is/has:
- several years of Procurement experience in sourcing of Engineering Services
- change management skills
- pro-active attitude
- able to build
- good relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- able to oversee, value and present interests in a broad perspective
- good communication skills
- creative and solution oriented
- fluent in English
French and German are a plus
- relevant higher education
- affinity with high tech business
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment. Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Join the Brunel Community
Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, our client works on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions and research & development for radar tech.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.