About this job
- Branche: Finance
- Area of expertise: Planning & Control
- Location: Amsterdam
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master
- Closing date: Friday, May 28, 2021
About this role
Are you looking to make a transition from one of the Big 4’s into a commercial environment, then this might be the opportunity you are looking for….
We are looking for a collaborative Business Controller to join our International team, a role that is at the heart of our organization, delivering impact on company performance. Based in Amsterdam, you will operate in a global and matrix organisation partnering with with the Regions, Board of Directors and the Global Leadership Team!
Brunel International N.V. is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise.
We deliver tailor made solutions like Recruitment, Global Mobility, Project Management, Secondment, Consultancy or scope of work for our clients, both on a global scale and on a local level. Our ability to help our clients beyond their expectations is a testament to our people and their entrepreneurial spirit, knowledge and results-driven approach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
As valued team member of the CFC department the team is diverse and dynamic, with Accounting & Financial Control, Business Control, Internal Audit, Consolidation & Reporting and M&A, all included in the scope of this department.
This role reports to the Global Head of Business & Finance Control and is responsible but not limited to the following:
- Business Control for select regions, markets and clients,
- Financial Analysis and Performance Review against budget and forecast,
- Act as a sparring partner for Regional Financial Directors and local finance teams,
- Review of internal processes and procedures and implementing improvements,
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies across locations,
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports,
- Lead Regional Financial Directors and their teams in the accounting and the preparation of reporting for our entities under IFRS,
- Preparation of consolidated analysis of results for multiple reporting entities,
- Participate in special projects and global (internal) change projects.
- You will have a Master degree in Accounting, Control or Business Administration (RA is preferred);
- Minimum 7-10 years working experience at a BIG-4 audit firm, preferably in an international environment;
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate financial and operational metrics into simple and clear management information
- A positive and driven attitude with a solutions mindset
- Fluent English, willing to travel (10-20% of time)
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career.
This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel International N.V. is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise. We deliver tailor made solutions like Recruitment, Global Mobility, Project Management, Secondment, Consultancy or scope of work for our clients, both on a global scale and on a local level. Our ability to help our clients beyond their expectations is a testament to our people and their entrepreneurial spirit, knowledge and results-driven approach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We connect the most talented professionals with leading clients in Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Automotive, Mining, Life Sciences and Infrastructure.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.