The start of your career in the Netherlands
At Brunel, we support you in developing your career in the Netherlands. For almost fifty years, we have been helping expats from all over the world with immigration matters. Thanks to our many years of experience, we know how to arrange everything relating to your immigration in the best possible way, so that you can start your new career in the Netherlands with complete peace of mind. Let us start by telling you what the Netherlands has to offer.
Your career at Brunel is an opportunity for you to improve your knowledge and skills. We offer extensive career opportunities within fields such as Engineering, IT, Finance and Legal. The move to the Netherlands also gives you the opportunity to discover a new country, a new language and a new culture. We see this as an investment in yourself: by stepping out of your cocoon, you can further develop yourself.
The step to the Netherlands
Some 400,000 expats live in the Netherlands. The country among expats is popular thanks to its pleasant living environment and its economic and political stability. It provides you with the opportunity to live and work in a green environment, and there are excellent facilities across the entire country. The healthcare and education systems are among the best in Europe. There are also many leisure options for relaxing after work or on the weekends. Dutch cities tend to offer a wide choice of concerts, museums, theatre and dance performances and other forms of entertainment.
Because the Netherlands is a compact country, you also have quick and easy access to any destination. One of the best ways to discover your surroundings is by bike. The Netherlands' public transport and road networks are also reliable and efficient. Moreover, the rest of Europe is within a few hours' reach. Schiphol offers excellent connections to local, regional and international airports.
Diversity and inclusiveness
At Brunel, we do our best to make you feel at home as an expat. We are an organization consisting of people from many different countries and cultures. We believe in the power of diversity, and we are convinced that everyone has their own unique qualities.
This is what we arrange on your behalf
Before you come to the Netherlands, we will make sure that everything is organized. You will be assisted by a consultant, your regular point of contact, who will support you every step of the way. This way, you have a single point of contact for all matters you may need to arrange. Here are some of the things we arrange on your behalf:
- We will make sure that everything is organized for your trip to the Netherlands. We will arrange your tickets, transfers and, if necessary, a visa for you (and your family). We also provide someone to assist you upon arrival in the Netherlands.
- We help you find a place to live and support you when you move. It can be challenging to move to another country. We help you (and your family) to arrange things smoothly and correctly. We use a checklist that we coordinate with you during the process, so that you (and your family) can come to live and work in the Netherlands with peace of mind.
- We help you obtain a residence permit, BSN number (for tax and social security purposes) and bank account number. If you are not a citizen of an EU or EEA country, you may need a residence or work permit to work in the Netherlands. If you are employed by Brunel, we will arrange the permit for you (and your family). More information about residence or work permits can be found on the website of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND). We will also help you apply for a BSN number and a bank account number, and register with your new municipality. We also advise you on health insurance and explain the health care system to you.
- We will help you apply for the 30% tax ruling. If you come to work in the Netherlands, you may incur additional costs. In the Netherlands, under certain conditions, companies have the option to pay out 30% of an expat’s gross salary exempt from income tax, including any allowance for additional expenses. This tax scheme is called the 30% ruling. If you meet the conditions imposed by the tax authorities, we will help you submit your application for this scheme. Please find more details on the 30% ruling on the website of the Tax Authorities.
- We offer you an assignment that matches your ambitions. As a specialist at Brunel, you get to work on challenging assignments with a client who suits you. Through our extensive network, we have access to assignments at regional, national and international companies.
- We support you in developing the right competencies. We are committed to your development. We support you in your career. Together with your consultant, you create a personal career plan. We also devote attention to education and training. As a specialist, you get access to the Brunel Academy and its wide range of (online) training courses. This will improve your long-term employability and enable you to take full advantage of the opportunities on offer. In addition, as a specialist, you are automatically part of the Brunel Community, a network of specialists with similar interests. We organize specialist events within the community to provide opportunities for you to exchange knowledge and experiences relating to your field.
- We will assist you if you have any questions while in the Netherlands. If you have any questions about your work or life in the Netherlands, we'll be there to assist you. We also offer you support during your integration in the Netherlands, such as by offering language training. For more information about living in the Netherlands, visit the websites of The International Welcome Center North (IWCN)and Holland Expat Center South.
Are you interested in working for Brunel Netherlands?
We are always looking for talents that make a difference. Do you have a bachelor or master degree and would you like to be part of the Brunel Community? Send us an open application or view our available vacancies.
Any questions remaining?
Johan Martin de Vries
Manager Specialized Staffing Services.
+31 6 20363208